By law you must be over 18 years old to get tattooed.
Body peircing: Under 16's require parent consent, 16 and older with ID.
The cost of a tattoo is largely determined by the size and complexity of the design, and the number of hours required to complete it. Our hourly rate is $150 per hour for large ongoing custom designs such as back pieces, sleeves and chest plates etc.
Small pieces are not charged according to an hourly rate. We will provide a quotation on smaller designs (less than 15cm in size). Our minimum charge is $80. All prices are inclusive of GST. Payment can be made in form of cash only.
Body piercing is now available at $50 per piercing and by appointment only.
Getting Your Tattoo
Working out what you want
It is best to come into the studio with a good idea of what you are interested in getting done. If you have a preferred tattoo design bring this along to the studio. If you need some inspiration you are welcome to browse through the many designs available at the studio.
For custom designs, it is best to bring in as much reference material as possible for the tattooist to work with in drawing up your design. This may include sketches, photos and pictures sourced from magazines or the Internet.
To make an appointment for a free consultation please call the studio or just drop by.
Consultation with the Tattoo Artist
At the consultation, the tattoo artist will discuss your ideas and designs and ask a series of questions related to the style, size and positioning of the tattoo. Based on this information, the artist will draw up the design for your approval. A $50 drawing fee will apply to large or complex designs.
Making an Appointment
Addictive Tattoos generally works by appointment only. A $50 deposit is required at time of booking (excluding those bookings where a drawing fee has been paid).
We require 24 hours notice of any cancellations.
Preparation for your Appointment
Health Department regulations require that a client information and health declaration form be completed prior to the tattooing process. This will be provided to you at the studio.
It is important that you have had something to eat before getting your tattoo and it is best to avoid alcohol and recreational drugs for at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Please avoid the solarium or getting a spray tan in the two weeks prior to your appointment and it is advisable to wear comfortable clothing.
Caring For Your Tattoo
- Remove bandage after 1 to 2 hours
- Gently wash tattoo with warm soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry
- Allow tattoo to air dry for 10 to 15 minutes
- Apply thin layer of Bepanthen
- When you feel the skin is drying out, re-apply Bepanthen and massage in well. Re-apply 3 to 4 times daily for approximately 2 weeks to keep the tattoo slightly moist
- Do not pick or scratch tattooed area as this will slow healing time and may lead to infection
- Do not wear tight or dirty clothing over the tattoo
- Avoid swimming or soaking in water for 3 to 4 weeks
- Avoid direct sunlight on tattooed area
- After healing, to retain good color in your tattoo always use sunscreen when outdoors (factor 30+)
- If the tattooed area becomes excessively irritated, itchy, red or sore, consult your doctor and notify the tattooist